I travelled to Mcloedganj from Jalandhar. The distance from Jalandhar to McLoedganj is 198 km which takes approximately 4 to 5 hours of traveling. McLoedganj is the best place for the trip on the weekend.
How to reach Mcloedganj from Jalandhar
- Jalandhar to Mcloedganj by bike or car – the Best way to go to Mcloedganj from Jalandhar is to have a road trip on bike or car with friends. start your trip in the early morning or late at night.
- Route 1 – while going go through PAP chowk and take Pathankot road. That is the safest road to travel during the night there won’t be hilly roads till Dharamshala.
- Route 2 – While coming leave early in the morning and come through Rama mandi via Hardaspur road so you can enjoy the hilly roads in this way you will be experiencing both the routes.
- While coming you can visit the Dharamshala cricket stadium and also you can visit the lake called Dera gopipur which comes in the middle of the journey if you take route – 2.
- Jalandhar to Mcloedganj by bus – There are no direct buses to Mcloedganj from Jalandhar you have to take a bus to Dharamshala from where Mcloedganj is just 7 km and you can get many buses or taxi service from there.
Try to leave early in the morning or afternoon if you are planning to go by bus otherwise, you won’t get a direct bus even to Dharamshala.
Where to stay
If you are traveling solo you can opt for hostels it is the best option. The bunker, Hostelavie, zostel and La Vaca India are some popular hostels in Mcloedganj, you can book these hostels through booking.com.
If you are travelling in a group you can easily get budget hotels near the bus stand the main market.
Best time to visit Mcloedganj
The trip can be done anytime during the year the climate remains almost pleasant. However, October to February is the best time to visit there during the winter season and march to June in the summer season.
Best places to visit Mcloedganj
- Bhagsunag temple – the oldest temple in the hill station is a must-visit place. The temple has pools and located at the height of 1770m above sea level
- Bhagsunag waterfalls – The Bhagsunag is a small trek from Bhagsunag temple. It gives a god eye view of the hill station with waterfalls and greenery all around. It is a breathtaking experience.
- Church of St. Johns in the wilderness– the church of the 1850s is among the best place to visit in mcloedganj and also a good location for photography
- Dal lake – the beautiful lake where you can relax and also there is lord shiva temple near this lake.
- Triund trek – Triund trek is the most popular trekking among all the treks in Mcloedganj hills station. It is 9 km from hill station the Triund trek gives a dazzling view.